We’ve put together a list of the most frequently asked questions that come up on a regular basis below, if you have more questions or need to know something specific then please do not hesitate to call or email us to ask.
Are the units energy efficient?
- Yes! The Government has now included air conditioning systems as an energy saving material, meaning in domestic installations we can now offer 0% VAT.
- Their energy rating is A+++ whilst in cooling mode, and A++ in heating mode, making them a brilliant alternative to conventional heating/cooling solutions in your home or business.
How long does it take to install a domestic air conditioning unit?
- Typically, a single split or twin split unit will take around one day to install. A mutli system may take up to two days.
- However , if you are worried about disruption to your home, the internal works can usually be completed within the first couple of hours and the rest of the work is then external.
How long does an air conditioning unit usually last?
- Modern air conditioning systems, with regular maintenance, can last anywhere between 15-20 years.
- It is important to maintain them with, at least, annual servicing in order to prolong the longevity and efficiency of the system. It also allows us to find and fix any potential issues before the system ceases to work.
Is the air that comes out of an air conditioning unit clean?
- Yes! The air conditioning systems have filters inside, which when regularly maintained, remove dust, pollutants and allergens from the air making them very hygienic systems.
- You can also add further UV disinfection kits to your systems for extra purifying if this is something you would like.
- The air conditioning system also works by removing heat and moisture/vapour from the air, meaning it helps prevent any damp or mould in your home or business premises.
Is having air conditioning fitted messy?
- Absolutely not. Our engineers will always use shoe coverings and dust sheets inside your home and will always hoover and tidy up before leaving so your home looks like it did when we arrived.